- This event has passed.
Kanara Entrepreneurs held Members Meet with focus on Networking
Kanara Entrepreneurs (KE) held its first Meeting of 2022 on Friday, Feb 18, 2022. The Meeting witnessed high energy, excitement, engagement of close to 100 Members attending in person at The Grand Magrath Hotel, Bangalore.
The meeting started at 6:45pm with the KE prayer recited by Leena Lobo.
A minute silence was observed in prayer for the repose of the soul of Late Mrs. Angeline Gomes who passed away on January 27, 2022, mother of Mr. Charles Gomes, KE Immediate past President.
Wishes were extended to Jeethan Castelino who got married on 16th February & Congratulations to Vivon & Shinie Pinto who were blessed with a Daughter on 16th January 2022.
President Clarence Pereira welcomed the Members. In his welcome address, he reminded the gathering, that Valentine’s Day is an expression of love and friendship, this only gets better, stronger with good communication. In a similar manner, even in Business we will need to always stay connected and constantly communicate with our Employees, vendors, customers, stakeholders, government, and our community. Clarence stressed on the need to some key points while communicating,
- Be willing to reciprocate
- Conversations need to be honest and not always with a motive of seeking benefits
- Treat others the way you want to be treated, finally
- Welcome feedback and respect others ideas.
Major take away …. We listen half, we understand quarter, think zero and we react Double !!!.
With this powerful Message he opened an engaging, exciting and event filled evening.
Mr. Pramod D’Souza, Director Membership congratulated all the Members for the growing membership and expressed the importance of communicating and networking.
Five new Members were inducted with the oath taking ceremony and all the Members present gave them a standing welcome.
- Rohan Francis Fernandes – Human Resource Business Partner
- Sanjay Isaiah – Authorised Immigration and Business Consultant to Australia
- Praveen Peter – Proprietor at Niduslink, also a budding Politician
- Jimcy Raphael – CEO – Avenue Consultancy Pvt Ltd (Recruitment Specialist)
- Abraham Varghese – Founder, Heliosys Technologies
Our GenNow Member Nishan got the gathering energized. He explained the importance of communication on the dance floor. He shared some great insights on the history of Dance, the use of energy and communication through actions that play an important role while dancing with a partner. He got all of us dancing to his tunes (😊), without touching the other Member, only by observing the moves.
Next 3 Members took stage to showcases their business and how other Members could make best use of their products/services
- Noel Fernandes, My Home Painting Solutions. A Color consultant who understands the 3600 shades of colors. He can help determine the colors that will go very well in paint for your home.
- Leslie Quadros, Zebedee Ventures. Real Estate Consultant sharing details of the new project Canterbury Hills. Spoke about how they help build “homes” and make it rewarding experience.
- Martin D’Souza, Light house Entertainment. An entertainer, trainer, award winning International Clown. Martin is one among that few people for whom “Laughter is a serious business”.
To experience networking, GenNow Member Vilina Sequeira conducted a focused group discussion for all the Members. An opportunity to connect, know and express how they could support each other.
Anoop Sequeira conducted an eye-opening session on the power of Networking. On a real-time platform demonstrated how and where we should use the KE network. The collective experience of about 2000+ years in the room was an amazing platform to start networking. He shared how this power of networking, could help Members scale up their businesses / Knowledge.
The GenNow team led by Eugene Mathias shared their plans to review KE GenNow, welcomed more Members to take advantage of the KE platform.
Neil Rodrigues, Vilina Sequeira and Nivedith Alva then shared their experiences with KE. They expressed gratitude to KE and the multiple ways they benefited from the Members.
The meeting concluded with the announcement of two Members taking BoD roles
- Sunil D’Sa, Associate Director – Events
- Anil Peter Monteiro, Director – Marketing
The Emcee Ms. Seleena Joshi conducted the Meeting efficiently.
A special thanks to Philip Pais, Director Events who was instrumental in having this Meeting with all arrangements & safety protocols.
The meeting concluded with the Vote of Thanks followed by further Networking, Cocktails & Dinner.